What do we expect to see in the opening two minutes of a feature film?

I had a list of nine aspects that are all key parts throughout the movie. They are the following;
  • Make sure people get it
  • Using dialog
  • Introduce a character
  • Starting at the beginning
  • Give an induction of genre
  • Creativity and originality
  • Introduce a setting  
  • Use variety of camera shot angles
  • Titles and credits
I had to order them in level of importance during the opening two minutes of the film. Personally I believe making sure people get the movie plot is the most important. The opening two minutes could be the decider to whether or not they want to watch the rest of the movie. So personally I believe this is the most important. For me the second most important I think introducing a character is very important to the movie opening. If someone sees the key character and gets to know them at the start they will be more addicted to the movie. All others can be placed in any order dependent on personal preference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marylin

PRELIMINARY TASK